Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a hormone that supports normal egg development in a woman’s ovary. The substance also stimulates the egg so that it releases during ovulation. Most often referred to as simply HCG, this peptide has several uses and purposes that make it highly beneficial for women and men, too.
What are the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Benefits?
It is easy to use this product with confidence knowing that it has an assortment of benefits waiting for its users to enjoy. Why else would you use a product after all? The most common uses for this peptide include:
– To treat infertility in women
– To increase sperm, count in men
– To help testicles drop in young boys
– To increase muscle size in bodybuilders
How is this Product Used?
This product is not sold in a pill or powder form. Instead, it is available as an injection that you use intravenously inserting it into a muscle. You can use this product at home or at the doctor office, but shouldn’t use it at home until given complete instructions by a medical professional.
The doctor will provide instructions on using the product. Follow those directions. Bodybuilders using the product for muscle gain have their own specific requirements and dosing policies.
Signs of Trouble
This product is believed to be safe for use by healthy adults and in some cases, children. However, there are a few signs of trouble you should watch out for when using the injection. While rare, it is better to be armed with the knowledge than unprepared and wondering what to do. Some of the signs that there is a problem with the injection include:
– Blood Clot (Signs include pain, redness, tingling or warmth in the arm of the leg, confusion, severe headache, and dizziness.)
– There is a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, or OHSS, when used by women. The risk is highest after the first treatment and may be life threatening. Signs of OHSS include swelling of the legs and hands, stomach swelling and pain, pelvic pain, weight gain, shortness of breathing, unusual urination, diarrhea, and vomiting.
– This product may cause signs of early puberty in young boys
– The odds of a multiple pregnancy are doubled when this supplement is used, but can be a high-risk pregnancy for mom and babies.
This medication is labeled a category X medication. Although it helps a woman conceive, it has serious and potentially fatal risk to the unborn baby. You should never use the product after becoming pregnant. Alert your doctor if you become pregnant while using this product.
Certain people should not use the injection. This includes anyone who has used it in the past and had an allergic reaction, those who endured early puberty, or those suffering from a hormone-related cancer, such as prostate cancer. Inform your doctor of any medications that you are taking, and if there are any health concerns to note. This includes ovarian cysts, thyroid disorders, heart disease, epilepsy, premature puberty, etc.